If your vehicle is over three years and is being driven on public roads, it is compulsory to have an MOT test. The MOT determines a vehicle’s roadworthiness, safety and exhaust emissions. Having an MOT on its own is not a substitute for a vehicle service.
Prestige Performance is licensed to perform MOT testing by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA). We would be happy to carry out a test on your vehicle.
If your vehicle meets the required standards we will issue you with a VOSA certificate. If your vehicle fails, we will gladly prepare a no obligation quote for any repairs needed. We would then carry out a re-test on your vehicle.
The MOT test includes:
- Body And Structure Of The Vehicle And General Items – such as making sure that they are no sharp edges
- Exhaust Emissions
- Exhaust System
- Fuel System
- Load Security – whether the boot or tailgate can be secured in the closed position.
- Registration Plates – whether they are in the correct format
- Seat Belts
- Speedometer – is not fitted, is incomplete, inoperative, has a dial glass missing/ broken or cannot be illuminated
- Steering And Suspension
- Tyres And Wheels
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Wipers And Washers
Since 2012, if any of the warning lights on your vehicle’s dashboard show, it will lead to a failure. Contact Prestige Performance to arrange your vehicle’s next MOT in St Alban.